1. The new Grizzly Bear record has generated a grip of hype and press.
2. In general, the Brooklyn-based band has been followed to extremes since the release of Yellow House in 2006.
3. Grizzly Bear is no longer just Ed Droste's solo music project, rather four very talented musicians working under the moniker.
4. Veckatimist was at Best Buy for $7.99...what!
5. The album has reached #8 on the Billboard Charts...seriously?
6. The album's title, Veckatimest, is the name of an uninhabited island in Massachusetts.
7. Veckatimest has the ability to be played back-to-back, whereas Yellow House can wear you out and change your mood if you listen all the way through.
8. Less space and time are given between songs on Veckatimest, allowing this album to work as a collective piece, but strangely enough, each song has its own identity.
9. Veckatimest is full of incredible pop melodies and impressive vocal singing.
10. Larry Bird mirrors Veckatimist. For example, both are/have:
b. Little soft in mid-section.
c. Can't jump worth a damn.
d. The best hands in the business.
Veckatimest is the real deal. Every step, every move it takes is so purposeful and done with such agility that it all makes sense at the end. Just like Larry. - Ethan Barrons
(Special thanks to Michael Price for his thoughts on Bird and Grizzly Bear).