10. I will have a wildly successful year, dadgummit!
9. Something will happen at Juniper Ridge and someone will complain about it. Repeat.
8. My 6-month-old black lab will destroy something precious/expensive/irreplaceable. Sigh.
7. Desperate developers will begin to offer two lots for the price of one, allowing buyers to have a house AND a yard. (So 2002!)
6. My cousin will quit smoking. (Remember how we talked about the importance of putting goals on - or in a - paper, Patty?)
5. A Thai restaurant will open in Prineville (hint, hint).
4. My father and I will have yet another argument over the importance of replacing his 30-year-old carpets.
3. I will take a lovely vacation in October to a foreign country or a remote wilderness, subsequently avoiding the last-minute election media frenzy and preserving my sanity and faith in society for another four years.
2. A wildfire will threaten one or more Central Oregon neighborhoods. Save time and pack your valuables/pets/children into your car now.
1. The Source will print my Top 10 Predictions for 2008.
Jennifer Letz, Prineville