John Mundy 
Member since May 8, 2013

Latest Review

Re: “123 Ramen Grand Opening

This is a great addition to the neighborhood. I love that your broth is rich but not too salty like some other places in town. The pickled veggies are golden!

Posted by John Mundy on 02/18/2017 at 1:29 PM

Recent Comments

Re: “Eyes on the Money

Roughly a quarter of the city's biennial budget is dedicated to necessary utility infrastructure construction and improvements, most of which are funded through low interest loans from state and federal agencies. Given the magnitude of this effort, the Source might consider giving it a bit more coverage.

2 likes, 0 dislikes
Posted by John Mundy on 06/29/2017 at 8:26 AM

Re: “Go Here: Summer Bike Events in Central Oregon

While not specific to the content of this article, I'm surprised that the Source doesn't cover BMX racing in Central Oregon. Six locals are heading to the BMX World Championships in July, including one racer who has qualified for the USA Olympic team. This seems a rather glaring blindspot on the part of your reporters.

Posted by John Mundy on 05/12/2017 at 11:33 AM

Re: “Hazed and Confused

Sad that one of the better films of the year didn't last two weeks at the Regal.

Posted by John Mundy on 05/07/2016 at 2:37 PM

Re: “Housing pressure

Bend's proposed UGB expansion was rejected by the state in 2010, not 2005 as indicated in the article.

Amendments to Bend's planning code-- as recommended by and/or implemented with the leadership of councilors Boddie and Campbell-- are in the long term more critical factors than the UGB expansion in addressing the city's affordable housing needs. SDC exemptions, inclusionary zoning, and zoning for higher density and true mixed-use development are sound strategies for addressing Bend's housing crunch. Our city council has been doing good work on this issue and I applaud them.

Posted by John Mundy on 11/12/2015 at 9:28 AM

Re: “Side Notes 6/4-6/10

Did another rate hike go into effect this month? My bill just went up ten dollars and I use less than one half the 400 cubic feet cited in the base rate. (please don't post to the paper)

Posted by John Mundy on 06/04/2015 at 9:22 AM

Re: “Robbing the Prince to Pay the Pauper

While I agree with the editors that it would be great to allocate funds from the Hotel Tax for other purposes, under state law 70% of hotel tax revenue must be applied towards tourist related adverstising or infrastucture. Currently the remaining 30% goes towards the city's general fund. Why would we want to increase the TRT if there is a statutory requirement that the majority of funds go towards promoting tourism? VisitBend is a big enough fiefdom aleady, thank you, and is in my view not the best use of local tax dollars. Although I'm sure the well-connected few that benefit from their patronage would feel otherwise.

2 likes, 0 dislikes
Posted by John Mundy on 05/13/2015 at 7:16 PM

Re: “Side Notes 5/7-5/14

Consider where much of the money from the city's hotel tax goes-- Visit Bend. Why not take half of the funds going to Visit Bend and apply them to transit? I believe that's a much better use of funds that would otherwise be spent on advertising for tourism. Folks around the country know what and where Bend is. Let's put money where it matters.

7 likes, 0 dislikes
Posted by John Mundy on 05/06/2015 at 7:56 PM

All Comments »

Extra Extra!

Make sure you're signed up so we can inbox you the latest.

  • Weekly Newsletter (Thursday) - Your Weekly guide to all things Bend!

Login to choose
your subscriptions!

Favorite Places

  • None.
Find places »

Saved Events

  • Nada.
Find events »

Saved Stories

  • Hell is Other People

    mother! is Aronofsky's masterpiece
    • Sep 20, 2017
  • A Hand Up

    An income cap hits the Oregon Promise — a program helping more than 550 C.O students go to school
    • Sep 20, 2017
Find stories »

Custom Lists

  • Zip.

© 2017 LAY IT OUT INC | 704 NW GEORGIA, BEND, OREGON 97703  |   Privacy Policy

Website powered by Foundation